This programme aims to bring out the hidden talent of students from rural and urban areas and help them to expose their talent in sports and cultural competitions organized at taluk, district, state, national and international levels.
- This programme was initially started by the name ‘Yes Milk Awards’ in 2001-02
- The programme’s name was changed from ‘Yes Milk Awards’ to ‘Satish Sugars Awards’ in 2007-08. Since then, Satish Sugars Ltd. has been sponsoring this programme.
- Only cultural programmes were held from 2001-02 to 2004-05 for high school and college students.
- To bring out the hidden talent of rural children and strive for their progress, taluk level sports competitions were started from 2005-06.
- Responding to the demand of public and fans, district level competitions were added from 2008-09.
- Winners of 1st, 2nd and 3rdprizes in various cultural and sports competitions are honoured with attractive trophies in along with cash prizes.
- Every year, talented students from Gokak who score the highest marks in SSLC, PUC, BA, BCom, BSc, BEd, DEd, Nursing, Diploma, ITI, LLB, BSW, DMC, AM and other courses are honoured with cash prizes.
- Gokak taluk’s talented sports persons, who secure first or second prize in state and national level Atthletics like running, jumping and throwing conducted by Education department, are honoured with cash prizes.
- Every year science exhibitions are held for high school and college students and those who secure first, second and third prizes are honoured with cash prizes.
- Every year drawing competitions are organized for the students of primary school, high school, college, etc. and those who secure first, second and third prize are honoured with prizes.
- For all sport persons who participate in final level sports events, nutritious and different types of light food are provided till the final day. Entertainment programmes are organized from evening 7 pm to 9 pm every day to entertain year the Contestants.
Details of Cultural Competitions
Speech, Singing (Filmy Songs), Folk Songs, Melodious Songs, Mimicry, Solo Dance, Classical Dance, Group Dance and Folk Dance
Details of Sports Competitions
Sprints, Throwing events, Jumping events, Cycling, Wrestling, Yoga, Kabbaddi, Khokho, Volleball, Football, Swimming, Taekwondo
- The students of Sri Siddharoodh High School and Muchhandi have participated in state and national level Kabbaddi competitions and have stood first in the state.
- Two girl students from Government Girls’ School, Maladinni village, Gokak taluk, stood first in the country after competing at the national level kho-kho competitions.
- Kumari Pallavi Appinabial, student of Chandaragi Sports School, Ramadurga, won First Prize in state level running competitions. She has won Genaral Champion Prize twice in the sports competitions organized by Satish Sugars Ltd.
- Every year 7 to 8 sports persons from Belagavi district win first and second prizes in individual competitions.
- Kumari Mahananda Gosavi emerged as a top class singer through Satish Sugars Awards. She won 2nd prize at the Voice of Karnataka competition organized by a TV channel. She has got opportunities as a playback singer for Kannada movies.
- Praveen Gasti and Shivappa Poojeri have emerged as comedy artists and Kashinath Saumsuddi and RameshaSaumsuddi have become good singers.
Thus, Satish Sugars Awards programme has proved to be a big boon for budding orators, dancers, comedians, singers, etc.